Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Mount Numbers On Letter Box

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

As the heading suggests, I'm trying to mount numbers on my letter box without much success. I placed masking tape over the front to stop the drill from running off. But the drill wouldn't drill through it. I assumed it was plastic/perspex. Looks like it might be glass.

Any suggestions?. I'm not game enough to use the hammer setting on the drill for fear of cracking the glass. Surely they'd be an easy way to mount some numbers?

Peter
Hey Peter,

Grab yourself some sikaflex, apply it gently and cleanly it gets everywhere and is very hard to get off hands and surfaces.

That will hold the numbers on for sure.
Related
7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum