Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Help with verandah

Page 1 of 1
Hey whats up guys. Just a quick inquiry. I'm looking at building a slim flat roof verandah covering one side of my house. Approx 21m x 1m (yep 1m that's the gap between my home and the fence. Just want to stop the rain)
I'd like to attach it to my home. Possibly use timber not ruling out galv alum and covering it with laser light. Just to paint the picture my house is brick 2.7 high ceilings, no eaves and has a concrete path where i want to put the verandah posts on.
My question is what is the best method to attach the verandah to my home. Some people are saying just dyna bolt the beam straight into the brickwork right under the fascia, others are saying use brackets and fasten to house rafters.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Related
20/01/2024
Verandah repair - ledger attached to brick

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, I'll be starting on my verandah repair soon - replace ledger, rafters, roofing iron, flashing etc. (fascia board already done). My question is about the timber ledger…

29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

18/05/2023
Help with insurance claim

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, long-time lurker but first time posting. I've bought a house 2 and a bit years ago and last year we had some major water damage on a converted pergola area…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum