Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Sanding deck with Stainless steel decking screws

Page 2 of 2
amgsl55
just piggybacking onto this thread.

I'll be coating my deck this weekend. The deck was constructed about 5 months ago and the timbers have weathered and gone grey.

I'll be using Intergrain reviva to renew the timber colours.
My question is what products do I use next? I dont want to stain it, I just want the natural timber to show through.

What is best to use? Intergrain DWD or ultradeck?

Hi amgsl55,

DWD is a decking finish that is long lasting, but requires careful preparation, application and maintenance to work properly. After using Reviva, you would need to use a product called Intergrain Dimension 4, and then overcoat with 3 coats of DWD.

Alternatively, you can apply 2 or 3 coats of Ultradeck straight after the Reviva cleaning stage. Hard to get wrong, and easier to maintain. Will still look great.

Unless you really want to make a career of it, I'd use the Ultradeck.

Fletch
thanks Fletch

I think I'll get the Ultradeck
amgsl55
just piggybacking onto this thread.

I'll be coating my deck this weekend. The deck was constructed about 5 months ago and the timbers have weathered and gone grey.

I'll be using Intergrain reviva to renew the timber colours.
My question is what products do I use next? I dont want to stain it, I just want the natural timber to show through.

What is best to use? Intergrain DWD or ultradeck?

Mate just use woodprep by flood to get the timber back to new. I researched quiet a bit and it appears you will never get a stain acrylic or oil based product to look like original timber.
My deck is about 4 months from when I did it with spa n deck and its looking and feeling ( on the feet) even better. It's expensive stuff but well worth it!
Related
21/12/2023
Brass or Stainless steel made tap for Kitchen

Bathrooms and Laundry

Brass or 2) Stainless steel made - which Kitchen tap is good for drinking.Brass kitchen taps in Australia contain lead…

26/02/2024
Timber to concrete glue or screws?

General Discussion

Sam There is a much stronger glue than liquid nails. It's called T Rex and will stick your timber to the concrete. Cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum