Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

gas supply issue

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I've been having this problem for the past 2.5 years and no one was able to pin point the problem.

9/10 times on warm day,evening time, my cooktop in the kitchen has no gas supply, we have to wait till dark, take a normal hot shower, then the cooktop will start working again.

we have the builder come in and inspect the issue, but he said nothing can be done unless it happens in front of him and they wouldn't come in after 5pm.

any idea? i have been having dinner after shower almost everyday for the past 2.5years.
Can you give us some more info.

LPG or natural gas?
What type of hot water service? gas? solar with electric or gas boost, gas instantaneous?
any pics of where your meter and regulator are? and how they are connected to your hot water and house?

My immediate thought was that there is moisture collecting in the gas line post the hot water service which is evaporated or sucked back into the hot water burner thus freeing the line but the oven burners are not strong enough or the gas run to the burners is convoluted enough that the gas cannot push through the water.

I would get a gas appliance repairer/gas fitter to come out and measure the gas pressure at your stove and to check the way the lines and regulators have been installed.

Regards

RiH
U have a gas pressure issue.
Your feed into the house is to losy. The issue might be on the lead into the gas cook top if the hot water is working fine.
Ditto the above^^

If you can have a look where the cooktop is connected there may be a stopcock that is partially shut, or a badly kinked or squashed connector, reducing the gas flow
i will check the feed to cooktop tonight, but i still find it weird having to take a hot shower everytime it stops working, and the use of hot water in large quantity seems to fix the cooktop issue thereafter.
A good plumber, that also does gas work, should be able to solve the puzzle purely from the informaiton you've given!
Related
26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum