Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Render Question - Sand finish to Acrylic

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I need some advice. The builder has made a fairly large mistake and I want it fixed properly. We asked for an acrylic render finish and they have completed the render in sand finish. They are going to apply the acrylic but I want to make sure it is done properly. At this point they have applied the coat of sand finish render, sealed it and then applied a coat of paint.

What would you expect them to do to prepare the current render to apply the acrylic render? Will they need to rough up the current surface and will the paint affect the acrylics ability to bond to the wall? Do they need to strip it back to brick and start again?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers
Related
8/05/2023
Acrylic render: Dulux or ROCKCOTE

General Discussion

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply again. I had a chat with the builder, he said he will use primer, then hydrotec which comes with colour and sealer as well. A Renderer I…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

14/01/2024
Render finish

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

But they didn't even leave it at one level it goes up and down along the whole front of the house

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum