Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Exhaust fans - what have you got?

Page 1 of 1
I have to purchase my exhaust fans buy the end of this month and I'm a little confused as to what to get. I don't want the standard oval grill ones and was planning on getting the clipsal CEF40, but at $150each, times 5 of them, it's a bit expensive.

I was at bunnings and had a look at the heller ones, which look different and they are between 50-60each, so alot better pricing.

Has anyone got something different to the standard round ones??
IXL Tastic Neo.

Don't know how much they cost, we only need two of them. Our other bathroom will just have a wall mounted exhaust fan as there is no roof space.

They look great!
I have the same issue too.

I tried the bunnings ones by Heller or GAF I think and they did't appear to move enough air - but very quiet. I can't find CFM airflow rate on them. They are also off white and don't match ceiling white paint.

There is another square one from Martec which has an airflow rate of 240cfm which seems low.

The clipsal/airflow cef40 has air flow of 290cfm which should be enough for 3*3 bathroom, but I can't find anywhere that stocks it. electrical wholesalers want $99 for them.

The plain old round ones by airflow have a cfm of close to 400 I think. $25 + $35 draftstoppa = $60 though. Not sure how good a draftstoppa is as it doesn't look completely sealed from the pics I have seen.

I'll probably order a cef40 - unless you have feedback yet?
Results: Airflow 250mm $27 fans turned out to be very noisy with a mechanical/low pitched drone from the motor. Replaced with HPM 250mm ball bearing model $40 from Bunnings and they are the quietest ones i found that move enough air, but actually probably move a little too much air. I wonder if they can be matched with some sort of variable speed control switch??

Draftstoppa from Bunnings are $30 and seal very well. They are not in the electrical section, but in the roof/skylight isle - had to ask them where to find them.
We have the heller ones, the square ones, DON'T BUY THEM
they are useless!!
I'll let anyone know how the IXL Tastic Neo's go, mine are arriving today I hope.
$480 each, they better work well!
brb_654
We have the heller ones, the square ones, DON'T BUY THEM
they are useless!!

lol, we ended up getting these ones. I had to get them sooner than expected so went with these because they were cheaper than the CEF40's. We got the square ones with the centre line thingy. Not sure how they go yet as we aren't in the house, but they are very quiet.

We ended up with 5. One in the laundry, but I have a condenser dryer, so don't need it really. One in each toilet, and one in each bathroom. The kids bathroom really only gets used for baths, and the shower has a window in it and a window directly over the bath and the ensuite isn't very big with high windows, so hopefully we won't have too many dramas. I always leave my bathroom windows open
Hi Rizzo,
It sounds like it will be fine for you.
I unfortunately, the way my ensuite is designed there is not an openable window.
I also have them in my toilets and they are fine in there, and yes very quiet. Just don't have enough suction for me, in the bathrooms.
Related
24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

25/02/2024
How to exhaust heat from closed in veranda

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

There may be answers here but can't find anything. I have a closed in veranda, four windows. North facing, just had sunblock blinds installed. A bit cooler (actually…

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum