Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Footings for deck

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, I am currently getting a deck built and am wondering if I should do something to the dirt around footings to stop water pooling? There is a AG drain running straight through middle of deck but wondering about footings further away.

It would probably be better if the ground surface below the deck was graded (only slightly) so all water is shed and transferred away to the edges and then away

Could you raise level of the footings to that of the soil then grade the surface with a little wacker plate so it ends up lower than the top of the footings?
Related
8/06/2023
Does my deck need handrails?

General Discussion

I've just built 3 stairs off a landing out the back and been told by the private certifier I need hand rails sorry tried to attach a pic but couldn't mine don't have sides…

6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

24/07/2023
EPDM Deck liners or trex rain escape

General Discussion

Hi, does anyone have any experience with using Trex rain escape or EPDM rubber to waterproof a deck so you have dry space underneath. Popular in the US and realize that…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum