Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Anyone got a Vergola - a couple of questions

Page 4 of 4
Hello Tuo
Are you able to make any comments explaining where the Eclipse system differs from LouvreTec and LouvreHouse? We have an agent for Eclipse near us, unlike the other two, and the product looks good but assume benefits of LouvreTec and LouvreHouse might be in inconspicuous details. Looking at the comments generally, Eclipse uses aluminium extruded blades and stainless steel shafts etc, all of which appear to be recommended, but not sure where their drives are made.
Cheers
BerryBob
Hi Tuo,

We would also love to hear of a recommended installer in Melbourne for a quote.

we currently have an undercover outdoor living area, but have our deck extended beyond that by 2.4meters. The area we would consider the Louvre pagola would be 2.4m x 11m long.

any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Rinny
Has anyone seen the latest concertina louvre roof that a company called Johnson and couzins have developed, its all over youtube, looks pretty swish compared to the rest.
Wow they look great, any idea on price?

Some interesting comments from Tuo when you read through the thread.
I noticed that in all his comments that he never mentioned the main reason that people want a Vergola louvre roof. They want to let the maximum amount of light into their entertaining areas and the living areas of their homes. In summer any old louvre roof will let in enough light, but in the middle of winter when you want the sun and its warmth to flood into your home the original opening roof system lets twice as much sunlight into your home due to it's slim profile and wider louvres. The original louvre roof system still uses genuine Colorbond steel which has always been the roofing material of choice on Aussie homes. The baked on Colorbond finish outlasts standard powdercoated finishes many times over. Tuo claimed that the Colorbond steel used in Vergola louvres is different from "normal" BHP Colorbond. That claim is totally false. (As was his claim to work for the market leader.)
The market leader has a presence in every state of Australia except the NT and exports their great Aussie product to over 15 countries world wide
Hope this sets the record a little straighter.
David
owenmichaels
Hi all,

I am a building designer working in Melbourne and have done extensive research on all types of Louvre roof systems for a project i recently completed.

Just read through this thread and thought it was worth a mention that with this type of product there is a huge level of difference in the systems i have seen and that i could possibly assist with any queries people have in a more unbiased and professional level.

If anyone would like to ask please feel free

Owen

Owen,

I am trying to decide whether to use vergola or louvretec for two 1.7 x 3.4m piece extensions to the bottom of a balcony. Any views as to which is best? The quotes we got were about 15k for the vergola and 19k for louvretec. Any help you can offer would be wonderful as they are both interlocking but I'm not quite sure what the other differences other and why one would be worth 4K more than the other. Thanks!
There are a couple of reasons worth considering.
In regard to the cost, with one you are buying direct from the manufacturer, thus cutting out the middle man.
That makes a significant saving.
Much more important however is what you are getting for your money.
If you want the maximum amount of light and solar energy into your home on those cold winter months then the Vergola wins hands down. 50% more light and warmth with East West louvres, at the winter solstice. or the same deal at 10am on a winter morning if the louvres run North-South
Vergola only use genuine Australian made BHP Colorbond steel. The strength and durability of Colorbond steel has been proven on countless roofs all across Australia.
So there are two reasons worth considering.
David
Hello

I stumbled across this forum albeit late however I found the discussion between awnings vs louvres to be very helpful.

James - can you please confirm which company you used for your louvres in the end? Was it Vergola?
Are you still happy with the product?

Thank you

jamestaylor54
So after many weeks of research, these are my conclusions about the Louvre Market.
Me and my wife wanted an outdoor entertaining are on the outside of our living room, as previously we have tried shade sails, awnings (Very expensive) and also a Laser light and colour bonded roof.
Too our dismay, they are all a waste of money quite frankly as it never really improved the usability of the space.
So we set about investigating other options in the market place.

Things we wanted:

- Light into home
- Heat control
- Airflow on Hot days
- Something which added value to our home
- Sealed out from the rain (Melbourne - 4 Seasons in 1 day)
- Let winter sun in

Things we didnt want:

- Dark Living Area
- Over budget

The Louvres turned out to be perfect.
Hello

I stumbled across this forum albeit late however I found the discussion between awnings vs louvres to be very helpful.

James - can you please confirm which company you used for your louvres in the end? Was it Vergola?
Are you still happy with the product?

Thank you

jamestaylor54
So after many weeks of research, these are my conclusions about the Louvre Market.
Me and my wife wanted an outdoor entertaining are on the outside of our living room, as previously we have tried shade sails, awnings (Very expensive) and also a Laser light and colour bonded roof.
Too our dismay, they are all a waste of money quite frankly as it never really improved the usability of the space.
So we set about investigating other options in the market place.

Things we wanted:

- Light into home
- Heat control
- Airflow on Hot days
- Something which added value to our home
- Sealed out from the rain (Melbourne - 4 Seasons in 1 day)
- Let winter sun in

Things we didnt want:

- Dark Living Area
- Over budget

The Louvres turned out to be perfect.
It wouldn't suprise me if James turned out to be a dealer, however if he wanted light into his home a Vergola lets in twice as much light in winter due to the gaps between the louvres being greater than any of the competing aluminium louvres, The same goes for heat control and ventilation.
The surface coating of the genuine BHP colorbond steel will outlast powdercoating on aluminium everyday of the week, espescially now that BHP have added Magnesium to their protective coating.
So yes, I work for Vergola and have for the last 30 years. We must be doing something right!
Tuo
Hi CC101,

The best person to speak to is Chris Wild (Director) from Relax Outdoors.

http://www.relaxoutdoors.net/openinglouvreroof.html

Chris Wild is the bloke you need to have a chat to.

They do a good job. I am not affiliated with them, however, they do a very similar Louvre System to what ive described at a very good cost.

Regards,

Tuo

Who is best to speak to in western suburbs of Melbourne
David Moffett
It wouldn't suprise me if James turned out to be a dealer, however if he wanted light into his home a Vergola lets in twice as much light in winter due to the gaps between the louvres being greater than any of the competing aluminium louvres, The same goes for heat control and ventilation.
The surface coating of the genuine BHP colorbond steel will outlast powdercoating on aluminium everyday of the week, espescially now that BHP have added Magnesium to their protective coating.
So yes, I work for Vergola and have for the last 30 years. We must be doing something right!

Hi
If you want a real Vergola and not an inferior copy (see all the reasons listed above) then contact the Vergola head office in Adelaide and they will get one of their four dedicated Victorian design consultants to pop out to see you.
Alternatively you could call in at their new Victorian headquaters in South Melbourne but as it is still being fitted out you would need to make an appointment as it is not yet fully staffed every day of the week.
David
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

23/05/2023
Demolition Questions

Building A New House

We had this happen to us last year and got charged a variation. Try and give away as much as you can that is usable to charity otherwise if you are in Sydney I have a…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum