Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Colorbond vs Insulated pergola roofing

Page 1 of 1
We are getting a quote done up for both colorbond and insulted roofing on our new pergola. The guy went through the pro's and cons of each but just wanting some advice from people who have had both and can compare? He said that the colorbond uses a high gloss product that reflects the heat so comfort wise it shouldnt get too hot to sit under it on a warm day. Our existing pergola has a low roof so we wouldn't be able to put a ceiling fan if the new one is the same height. There is the posibility to make it higher but i'm worried how much extra cost this will have as it will go above the height of the ceiling in the room of the house it leads out from. i know insulated roofing is much more expensive but i guess i am trying to work out will it be ok to have colorbond roof without a fan vs insulated without a fan. We don't want to be baking but i also don't want to be spending a massive amount either. He made the colorbond sound appealing and that it wouldnt be too hot but i want to know what the real deal is from people who've had both and can compare the two. (FYI, we are getting ekodecking too for the floor). Thanks!
I would be going with insulated roof.
The single skin patio roof is too hot in summer as you only have thin steel stopping the radiant heat from coming through.
Regardless of what they say about the paint, its not going to provide any thermal help.
We had www.instylepatios.com.au replace our single skin patio for an insulated and its completely different under it.
Related
26/01/2024
Precast Insulated Walls vs ICF

Building A New House

Good questions but the best answer will be obtained by visiting (ie: interviewing) a couple of house designers and/or builders and ask them. You may find it challenging to…

19/04/2024
Attaching roofing to brick

General Discussion

I plan on installing an undercover walkway (awning ??) from my carport to the back door as shown in sketch. I will be using Boxspan Beams and have no concerns regarding…

21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum