Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Is concrete slab needed for future decking

Page 1 of 1
I am going to finalise my tender plan, and was asking if I want to extend the concrete slab from the main slab for porch and alfresco.

Wodnering if it's just a wast of money to do so as I will do the decking after the handover. Or there is any good reason to add the concrete slab now?

thanks!
I dont believe so. Thats a lot of concrete wasted.
bluebird1999
I am going to finalise my tender plan, and was asking if I want to extend the concrete slab from the main slab for porch and alfresco.

Wodnering if it's just a wast of money to do so as I will do the decking after the handover. Or there is any good reason to add the concrete slab now?

thanks!

How are you going to build the deck - with bearers and joists or joists layed on concrete slab?

If bearers and joists then obviously no point extending slab. If on slab then do you think what they’re charging is ok, because then it’s done and one less thing you don’t need to organise after handover.

Does the builder realise you’re decking it afterwards, they might think it’s being tiled hence the offer to extend slab?
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum