Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Before and after - new shelter in backyard!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just wanted to show the before and after shots of our shelter in our backyard. Used to my daughters cubby when we first moved in. Now she barely fits in we demolished at the start of the year and have almost finished building.

Just need to landscape and put some granite paving (what im thinking but the wife's not!) on the slab. Has come up so well.

Looks awesome!
OMF that's amazing!
Look great!
stephanie20
That's an amazing build. Looks nice. What kind of wood have you used in the outside?

Thanks Stephanie, it's merbau 42 x 19mm from Bunnings. It's laminated so you can see the joins - I would have preferred longer strips although it was more expensive that way.

A couple more photos too of once I've put our old TV and shelving in the shelter too!

stephanie20
Looking wonderful Jonas. I like the timber, it's very nice and straight.

Thank you!
Fantastic idea! Great job!
Related
13/08/2023
Backyard Construction Project

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That laser level looks lovely! We bought one for less than a quarter of that price off eBay. It worked really well for us and it's still going now, five years later. After…

21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum