May 21, 2018 8:31 pm
Wife wants an alfresco area build to replace this grape vine frame (no idea what you call it).
Area is 4mx9m approx and I've got a few things on my mind - biggest issue is what to do with existing surface and what to put overhead.
1. Synthetic decking to put underneath, to same floor height as step of house.
2. Not sure if we can just put over the brick surface which is uneven or we have to remove the bricks - the entire driveway is made of the same paved brick so would be a shame to have to pull it all out in this alfresco area.
3. I really want to keep the grape vines as it would have taken forever to grow those, look great in spring and autumn but it is constant maintenance especially it is a possum target and the leaves in autumn are a killer. Require major pruning every year. I doubt however we can build around this.
4. Not sure what style of alfresco we can do as it would need to match with the existing house, can't exactly start doing rendered pillars.
5. What kind of roof would I need? Colourbond would match but would look cheap.
6. Would do a full bbq and bench unit to the RHS.
7. The house is a 3m roof - not sure how we're going to get stormwater and also waste done for the sink for the alfresco bbq unit + gas.
I have attached picture of the area and a floor plan.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
PatrickInvestment - Big Kitchen and outdoor area vs cheaper houseInvestment - Big Kitchen and outdoor area vs cheaper house
Hello I am not really sure if this is the right…