Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Patio makeover ideas?

Page 1 of 1
Got any ideas how to make this long & narrow (10mx2.4m) patio look nicer and feel more spacious without any major structural changes? What materials could I use on the concrete floor & brick walls? Here's the pic
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/701 ... ted%20.jpg
Grand plan is to demolish & widen the patio by pushing back the retaining wall ... but thats years away. Don't want to build a deck over the concrete that would leave room for snakes beneath (have had problems with snakes before). Was thinking maybe deck tiles. Not a huge fan of those though. Should I use some kind of panels to attach to the walls? I am stumped.
Maybe use a lighter coloured paint on the concreate and even the bricks. Or some plants that flow down the brick face.

Declutter the area by maybe zoning the area into two parts, seating table down one and bbq at the other.
Our alfresco is 8m long and we have outdoor table and chairs at one end and BBQ at the other and timber look tiles for the flooring.

Related
13/05/2023
Retaining wall under patio slab

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for the insights, that makes perfect sense, and yeah, I will be leaning on the experience of the excavator operator entirely.

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum