Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Convert fence to gate (Colourbond)

Page 1 of 1
Throughout my estate all the houses have Colorbond fences supplied by the developer (side fences included). I've noticed that some home owners have taken it upon themselves to have their side fences somehow converted into gates where space permits. I've seen both large side panels, large enough for say a trailer/caravan (or even another car) to fit right down to a side pedestrian size space ideal for putting the household bins.

My house has a bit of space either side, on one in particular where it would be ideal for it to have side access as the fence panel is large enough to have a trailer or even a car fit through. I'd like to get this done but have no idea who does these 'conversions' and the ones around me all look like they've been done differently. Some with outside latches, some others with locks etc.

Google searches are turning up nothing. Who does these sorts of jobs? Or am I missing it completely and it's not a conversion at all but a case of ripping out the whole thing and buying a gate to fit off Mr Colorbond?
Id guess they are new gates. Any fencing company would also supply gates

Related
15/10/2023
DIY fence gate motor installation? Easy?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I mean, I install them/sell them for a living so I haven't done DIY, unless you count the first one I installed lol. (electrician by trade). Usually a 6-8 hour job for…

22/05/2023
How to brace a colourbond fence that wobbles

Outdoor Living

Yes i guess this is one of the main reason as i checked one post foundation

2/07/2023
Ballpark figure to convert large WIL to small WC ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

consider putting in wall WC instead of robe in the same bedroom, then it might be doable to hook up to the existing piping.

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum