Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Outdoor kitchens - ideas, photos, discussion, considerations

Page 3 of 3
nigel01
Thought I would chime in with my outdoor setup. Unfortunately we have just sold the house so I'll have to build a bigger and better one at the next.

Wow that looks spectacular. Btw is that a foldaway dining set? I've seen them from Urbani Furniture. They look quite good but I'm not sure about the comfort of the chairs, have a low back rest.
The kitchen is the center of your home. It should showcase what it means to be a part of your household, and there’s no better way to do this than to feature items handcrafted or DIY.
All ideas are just wow. We are inspired now to make an outdoor kitchen not so spacious but comfortable enough for the kids and few relatives. I love the BBQ idea of Sandra.
Picking out coloirs this weekend for our outdoor kitchen, just having cabinetry either side of bbq with cabinetry under bbq too and caesarstone bench top. Should all be done in a month by the time we get a gasfitter out to hook up bbq. Will post pic once done.

Charley
Picking out coloirs this weekend for our outdoor kitchen, just having cabinetry either side of bbq with cabinetry under bbq too and caesarstone bench top. Should all be done in a month by the time we get a gasfitter out to hook up bbq. Will post pic once done.

Hi Charley,

I’d love to see a photo on the finished result?!
Bit nervous about including the outdoor kitchen in our build. I have been advised to use marine grade cabinetry and that laminate will be ok. Will have caesarstone benchtop.

Are there any tips for a very novice first timer?

And recommendations or a guide to selecting an outdoor rangehood?

Am open to just purchasing a modular set up and not have it built in but will install and duct a rangehood nonetheless.

TIA
I've been reading ideas for recipes and decorating from different sources. I loved the ideas from here (https://allthestuff.com/barbecue-party/) like putting string lights/pamper lanterns for the occasion, reusing small vases and putting in flowers surrounding the area, and vintage quilts. Not exclusive to the kitchen, but could be considered an extension.
Related
2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

12/04/2024
Two kitchens in one house - planning rules

General Discussion

"is it exempt or do I need to get permission from council" Call your Council and ask them

12/05/2023
Outdoor fish tank

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for letting us know. The programmer will have a look at this later today.

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum