Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Pizza ovens- Brick or stainless steel

Page 1 of 1
Whats the pros and cons of each? I've heard steel ones get too hot on the outside, but are a bit cheaper, but is that it?
Hi -

We are also looking at installing a pizza oven. Are the stainless steal ones powerd by fire or gas?

I know the 'taste' of a wood fired pizza can only be achieved through the brick ovens.

I agree - they are expensive!!
Make one yourself. That is what we will be doing at some stage our of brick and then rendering it.
If you don't make it out of bricks, you might as well just use the normal oven. Just get a pizza brick that you preheat in the oven then chuck the pizza on top and in the oven to get it cooked from both the top and bottom.

IMO the advantage of a true pizza oven is being woodfired. 2 minutes in the oven with a strong smoky flavour. MMMMMm piiiiiiiiiiiiiiza
You can get stainless steel wood fired ovens too! i'm sure thats where the flavour comes from not from the bricks? Or am I an egg white based dessert?
Currently I have a large brick woodfired oven (Internal diameter is 1200mmm). It is amazing but can't take it with us. For our new house we are considering some options (still thinking of going brick but prefab)

http://www.woodfireovens.net/residentia ... red-ovens/

Harvey Norman has a good one, but since the outer is only 304-grade stainless steel, it might not stand up to our salt air environment. If that's not a concern to you, this one is pretty good. You can get it with or without the stand (stand has two slide outs on the side for prep and cutting areas)

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/furnitur ... stand.html
Related
21/12/2023
Brass or Stainless steel made tap for Kitchen

Bathrooms and Laundry

Brass or 2) Stainless steel made - which Kitchen tap is good for drinking.Brass kitchen taps in Australia contain lead…

16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum