Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

What does your alfresco look like?

Page 1 of 1
What are your alfresco and sliding door dimensions? What sort of furniture have you got there and which way is it facing?
Our alfresco is 5.5m x 3.3m.
The 4 panel sliding door (with the two middle panels opening to the sides) is 3.6m which leaves only leaves 0.95m on each side of the sliding doors.
On the inner side of the sliding door is a family room and it faces a large backyard.
My problem is that I am not convinced that we can comfortably fit an outdoor table with chairs in front of the sliding doors. Would love to hear your suggestions
BlueX3,

Instead of starting a new thread and asking one question about anything and everything in the 'General' forum, it may help to look through all the other sub forums on the board and try and find your answers OR use the search function to help you. If questions are placed in the right forum, you have more of a chance of them being answered by people interested in the topic, or with the same issue!

If you have trouble with the search function, or navigating the forum, you only have to ask and we will all be willing to help!

FWIW, my alfresco is 4m X 7m, and I have a 3 panel stacker door, and 2 fixed windows. I don't have much space either side of the windows to fit anything either, and one difference is my stacker opens from the side, not the middle as yours does. I comfortably fit a large square table, 8 deck chairs, a 4 burner barbie and some pots and things in it.
BUT, because my door opens at one side, not the middle, we can dodge the table and chairs!

I will also fit 2 rattan chairs and a coffee table in there once the spot for the barbie is finished. It faces west, but is open on the north and south too.

I don't have any pics of it completely furnished, though.

Do you have plans you could post? Or at least the alfresco section? Is your alfresco under cover like mine? Can you extend the finished alfresco floor (deck/tiles/whatever you decide) further into the backyard and in the open to make it appear bigger and give you a bit more space for the table and chairs?
Quote:
What are your alfresco and sliding door dimensions? What sort of furniture have you got there and which way is it facing?

My alfresco (well, actually verandah, its not UMR
) is 6m x 11m, has house along one long side, including double sliding doors down one end which open from family/dining room, side fence along the other long side, garage down one short side, including back roller door , and is open to back yard at other short side.
It faces east.
Furniture is one 6 seater outdoor setting and one park bench and one BBQ (now kept along end of fence shown in pic 1.) also a small table along back wall of house which has stereo on it.
We can easily fit another 6 seater setting there - did so for Christmas when we had rellies over and dined outside.

Have I answered the question??
There is a thread on this subject already...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39237&hilit=alfresco
Related
29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum