Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Blackbutt decking

Page 1 of 1
in the process of about to stain my new blackbutt decking.

before staining is it best to give it a scrub down and then a light sand or just stain directly. There are some slightly work boot marks on the boarding.

cheers
wash it down let it dry then apply stain
All you need to know and some more can be found here

http://www.*.com/f196/clean ... eck-75429/

Regards
PP
usually best to wash it down with acid and high pressure cleaner first.
use a specific deck clean ie: cabbots deck clean, follow instructions to the 't' then rinse off. If you use a pressure cleaner make sure you clean every single square inch with the same spray pattern or you will leave lines in the surface of the deck timber. I usually use a pressure cleaner on a fan pattern and at a distance purly to lightly clean the surface not damage it with water pressure. Let it thouroughly dry before sealing, Sikkens is a top quality sealer, use an oil not laquer or varnish
davinci
use a specific deck clean ie: cabbots deck clean, follow instructions to the 't' then rinse off. If you use a pressure cleaner make sure you clean every single square inch with the same spray pattern or you will leave lines in the surface of the deck timber. I usually use a pressure cleaner on a fan pattern and at a distance purly to lightly clean the surface not damage it with water pressure. Let it thouroughly dry before sealing, Sikkens is a top quality sealer, use an oil not laquer or varnish

thanks - busy weekend ahead
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

5/02/2024
Decking & Span Table

Outdoor Living

Hi, Really struggling to find some consistency amongst Span Tables, can anyone help…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum