Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

another decking thread sorry

Page 1 of 1
hi,

im looking at building a deck when i get hand over from builder. I am looking at doing approx anywhere between 6 and 9 by 4 deck butted up against the house. depending on cost. I would be using treated pine.....unless someone else has a better opinion. im wondering about cost just for material supply. what others have paid.

my house is built on tie down, i have a timber clad home. its not ver high of the ground, i would say approx of course 300ml im unsure on this but its at minimum hight. but if need be i can get the proper measurements.

thankyou and kind regards

merry christmas
300mm minimum is fine for the deck height.

You would be safe allowing $90-$100 per sq. metre for all materials including 4" hardwood decking, stainless steel screws, joists, bearers, posts, stirrups and concrete.
This would be cheaper if you used galvanised screws or nails and cheaper if you use pine decking
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum