Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Cheaper option to choose than pavers?

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone recommend what else can I choose than concrete paving? I want smooth surface less maintanence bbq space but plan to have spa & do concrete slab after saving up.

So what else can I do if not pavers.

I already hv eko deck & don't want to have gravel/pebbles area though.
pretty sure after you factor labour in, concrete is going to come out the cheapest.
Pavers are cheaper were $20/m2 now that suppliers discounts have evaporated they are back up to $30/m2 + labour or DIY
When you are ready to landscape, pool and concrete advertise them online and someone will come and take them.
Concrete is $30/m2 +Labour and you can't DIY. It will Cost 3 times to remove
id have thought pavers would be more expensive as the labour associated is greater than forming, pouring and screeding/leveing concrete. The concrete work i had done recently for 90sqm was done inside of a day. The paving was quoted as taking several days for the same job.

I'm paying 85 bucks a square meter for plain concrete work to put it in perspective. 90 for coloured and 95 for exposed ag.
Thank you so much for your reply.

Would u mind to advise me if I should use geo fabric or plastic weed mat under decking?

I think those two function differently. The reason why I want to do is because I don't want water to pool under the deck and encourage the growth of pests/insects. I want it to be clean

StructuralBIMGuy
Pavers are cheaper were $20/m2 now that suppliers discounts have evaporated they are back up to $30/m2 + labour or DIY
When you are ready to landscape, pool and concrete advertise them online and someone will come and take them.
Concrete is $30/m2 +Labour and you can't DIY. It will Cost 3 times to remove
Under the deck when it is excavated you should ideally have 30-40cm of air gap between ground and underside of deck. The ground needs a slight natural slope for water to runoff 1:100 rule always works for this and than after the deck construction add a layer of metal/bluestone approx 15-20mm in size to a depth of around 10cm.

If you cant get the air space under the deck and the natural fall than drainage is the next step to look at or concrete it
Related
2/05/2023
Best Option for Estimate

General Discussion

Hi, I'd like some advice on the best option please on the estimate options we've been provided from our builder. This is for the…

24/09/2023
Flooring option for bedroom and passage

Flooring & Floor Covering

Newbie question for flooring options. We are thinking of changing the flooring for bedrooms and passage area. Last time we looked at flooring options was almost 8years…

7/04/2024
XCEM Alphafloor vs Hebel Power Floor Subfloor option

Building A New House

Would also like an opinion from anyone that has used xcem over hebel for floors. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum