Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen cupboards that look like drawers?

Page 1 of 2
I want a handleless kitchen (haven been following the other thread with interest). However i don’t want anything that looks like a cupboard, i want it to all be & look like drawers. So a pull out bin, but with a front that looks like drawers, integrated dishwasher front that looks like drawers, cupboard under the sink that looks like drawers and then just drawers everywhere else. Something much like this...

Is it possible that a good cabinet maker can do this?
Another example

And one more...

A good joiner can do whatever you are prepared to pay for.
arcadelt

Do i take it from that then that this look is expensive?
Melissa.b
arcadelt

Do i take it from that then that this look is expensive?

Not necessarily. There is a bit more fiddling involved in cutting and then connecting the panels to make up one door that looks like drawer fronts, but you will need to work closely with your joiner. The expense may come from the mechanism to allow for handle-less doors and draws depending on exactly what you want.
Thanks
Kitchen manufacturers are more than capable of doing this. Personally I have installed many kitchens for clients who have gone for this look. Very easy to do however be careful how much people with slug you extra for, its really not extra work and thats the argument they may make to you.
Choppy182
Kitchen manufacturers are more than capable of doing this. Personally I have installed many kitchens for clients who have gone for this look. Very easy to do however be careful how much people with slug you extra for, its really not extra work and thats the argument they may make to you.

Thanks for that..good to know.
we are building and our kitchen wil;l be delivered today and installed tomorrow.

I have all drawers in the main kitchen. Under benchtop, under island bench...all are drawers. The overeads are cupboards but they look like drawers.

It is all ahndle less also. I must say that thi is the way to go and it looks really classy but it is expensive. Since for cupboards, the joiner really have to make a hinged door at front. But for drawers, the added cost is the actual drawers system that you buy, whether its Artia or Blum drawers.some builders may also give you an MDF internal drawer also rather than the metal blum drawer.
so thats wht its more expensive.

Amd also, to have a handle less mechanism, it either needs to be shark nose top on each of the drawer or some other machanism whihc will be an added cost.

Hope it helps
Taniamran, i’d love to see some pictures once your kitchen is installed
Who’ll definitely share once completed
The only handles I have are for the integrated fridge. I integrated the dishwashers bins etc and did no handles for any

The only handles in the kitchen (apart from oven handles)

Taniaimran

Taniaimran, did you get your kitchen installed? I’d love to see some photos
Melissa.b
Taniaimran

Taniaimran, did you get your kitchen installed? I’d love to see some photos

Hi Melissa,
its still underway. We have the joinery installed but then wanted to get the flooring done first before the stone top and waterfalls go in because this way it gives the perfect finish around the waterfalls ends, if you have wooden/laminate/hybrid flooring. i did not want scotia so thats teh way to do it.

Installing stone this week. Will definitely upload pics as soon as its done. how far are you?
Hi Taniaimran

I hope your installation is going well.

Unfortunately I'm still at the planning stage...my land doesn't title until later this year & could be as late as Jan next yr
Words cannot express how much we love storing our dishes in drawers!”. “You don’t have to stick your head in a cabinet because the drawers come to you.” With a family of four and two parents working from home, they create a lot of dishes every day, sometimes running the dishwasher daily as a result
[quote="Melissa.b"]Hi Taniaimran

I hope your installation is going well.

Unfortunately I'm still at the planning stage...my land doesn't title until later this year & could be as late as Jan next yr
/quote]
HI Melissa,

Unfortunately, we have had a few delays. Stillw aiting for the finla look. As soon as its done, will post a picture.

Why is your land titling taking so long???
Taniaimran, how did you getnon with your kitchen in the end? I had my first appt with the cabinet maker today. I’m not 100% sure he understood what i wanted but will reserve judgement until i see some drawings.
Related
29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

27/04/2024
750mm wide joinery - drawers?

General Discussion

Pulse is correct. It's the trap that takes up space. The plan shows a vessel style basin so you don't have to worry about a basin inset, it's just the trap that the…

12/01/2024
Overhead cupboards.

Building A New House

Hi, Can anyone give me approx. price for overhead cupboards. TIA

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum