Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen layout help

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Trying to renovate a 3 bedroom apartment and create an open kitchen/living/dining room space. Having difficulty deciding the orientation, shape and layout of the kitchen.

Here are two options I have thought of. Would appreciate suggestions/feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Current layout

Option 1

Option 2
If you are happy with the limited kitchen space the Option 1 is ideal. btw where is fridge space ?
I'm a bit confused as to where the door to this space is. In the original drawing it looks like you have two doors, but in the new ones you only have one door.

Also, the furniture in the options are all different, so it's hard to decide on layout by comparing apples to oranges. You should decide, for example, if you want a big dining table, and whether you want to have bar stools on your island. The very narrow island in Option 2 with the 3 stools looks like something no-one would ever bother to sit and have breakfast at.
I also am confused as to where the doors are located. I personally think both options are not ideal. For option 1, your kitchen space seems very crammed and doesn't offer a lot of seating options. In option 2, I think the table you have chosen for the dining room seems way too large for the amount of space you have available. I would suggest you find furniture that's functional and fits the size of the various rooms.
Related
24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum