Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Colonial White Granite kitchen benchtop

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have experience with this granite benchtop or another whitish variety?
Considering putting it in our kitchen and generally don't know anyone with light granite to ask for experience . Dark granite seems easy to maintain. Does anyone have any ideas on white granites?
I am happy to have it sealed once per year etc to maintain it, however I am wondering how stain resistant it is despite regular sealing. I don't want to be super precious over it.

It looks like this

Thanks
Granite can be as practical as the rest of the surfaces, as long as it's treated/cared for correctly.

I've lived with most of the counter top surfaces in previous houses. Have had an artic white granite Kitchen before, it was great.

Most stone masons will provide care & maintenance information. Stick to that, and it will be there for life.
Things like not putting hot pans on it, wiping up any spills that have a strong colour pigment, and be aware of anything acidic, which can etch the sealer.

Ask the stone mason what they're using to seal the granite. I've had alot of good experiences with Lithofin stain stop as a sealer.

Frequency of resealing is alot longer than a year. Would be more like 5 years +.
Related
1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

8/07/2023
Variation in white tile colour

Renovation + Home Improvement

Looking for advice on whether this variation in tile colour is acceptable. The large tile on the left was used in my main bathroom renovation 1 year ago. My ensuite…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum