Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Undermount Sink - Installation costs?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

So our builder has given us a price of $600 for the installation of an under-mount sink into a stone bench-top (he said this includes polishing the stone etc.)

Does this sound like a fair price? For some reason I wasn't expecting it be that much... more around the $300-$400 mark?
My builder charges $1000 which includes the sink upgrade and stone polishing

I ended up doing my own stone and sink post handover because it was ridiculously overpriced. I think our stonemason charged about $200 for the polishing and I just gave them the sink I bought
I love how its a builder price.

My stone mason charges an extra $250 for an undermount bowl cut and polish. Anything much more than that and the builder is taking the p*&s big time!
Related
30/04/2023
Undermount sink

Kitchen Corner

Have had stone benches with undermount sink (kitchen) and drop-in (laundry) and top-mounted basin (bathrooms) for coming up 13 years and not one chip/scratch of any kind.…

21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum