Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen Quality

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

What do you think of the quality of the Clarendon kitchen cupboards? We got shark edges on all cupboards though the finish at the top is rough and not what we were expecting. Anyone else have a similar experience with their kitchen cupboards?
My wife and I built with a spec builder 5 years ago, we looked at almost every larger builder and we were not impressed with the quality of the internal fit out. The quality and attention to detail left a lot to be desired.

In the end we used Wincrest homes who built to lock up and I did the full internal fit out myself.

Do you have any photos of the problem areas>
MDF doors or polyurethane painted? Applying shark nose onto MDF doors and hand edging the shark nose profile by hand requires plenty of patience. If so I'd be interested to know if the used 0.5mm which edge tape instead of the standard 1mm thick.
Choppy182
MDF doors or polyurethane painted? Applying shark nose onto MDF doors and hand edging the shark nose profile by hand requires plenty of patience. If so I'd be interested to know if the used 0.5mm which edge tape instead of the standard 1mm thick.

I would only ever do sharknose doors with a polyurethane finish. I think sharknose and laminate its just asking for problems
absolutely!
CuttingEdgeKitchens
Choppy182

I would only ever do sharknose doors with a polyurethane finish. I think sharknose and laminate its just asking for problems

The place i work we have a custom made machine to apply them works on 35 degrees though.
Jonnii98
CuttingEdgeKitchens
Choppy182

The place i work we have a custom made machine to apply them works on 35 degrees though.

Yes I know there are machines that do it but the thin piece of edging at the top can get damaged easily.
Related
6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

13/06/2023
Kitchen floors

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks mate.

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum