Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Pantry Next To Cooktop

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys
Have very limited space in my to be renovated kitchen 3.9mx1.7m.
Only place I can place a pantry is next to the cooktop/oven.
As the cooktop/oven is electric and not gas, I assume it meets compliance and an electrician would sign off on it.
Again, not ideal but there's no other option except to ditch the panty all together.
Photo is an idea of what I mean.
I don't believe that photo is actually legal. You need a minimum space to a flammable surface which the pantry is.

It would be different of the glass was on the side of the pantry.

Personally I always allow 300mm from cooktops to flammable surfaces.
The only other space for a pantry is the opposite end where there is only about 34cm space for it.
Internally the pantry space becomes less than 30cm.
My thinking is if a pantry is worth the bother if it becomes that small in width.
It is a case of that size pantry and a unusable sealed up corner void 60x60cm.
Or drop the pantry and just install a corner base cabinet 80x90.
A narrow pantry internally of around 300mm still works well. Sure you cant store big cereal boxes but most other things fit. Its worth considering.
Related
22/05/2023
Pantry Shelves

Kitchen Corner

Basically. If the shelves are fixed then they will be screwed in just the same as the rest of the carcass. To re move the screws you need to remove that section of…

12/01/2024
Butlers Pantry Workflow

Kitchen Corner

I visited a relatives house and he went with sink in kitchen and butlers, dishwasher in kitchen and butlers and has crockery spread out between the two areas depending on…

25/03/2024
900MM Cooktop over a 600MM built in oven

Building A New House

My daughter and son in law are about to start building, they are having a 600mm induction cook top and 900mm oven. It's personal preferance >

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum