Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen layout plan help

Page 1 of 1
Hi , would appreciate some help with kitchen layout. Where should the wall/microwave cabinet go? I have put this against the wall on the left as all the tall cabinets are going there but seems to be so far from the cooktop. We have put the sink in the island so we can watch tv or chat while washing up.

Thoughts?

Hi,

to help you more information is needed such as

is that a freezer at the right top corner?
Hi,
what kind/size of sink - double under mount sink
size of cooktop - 90cm
what kind if rangehood (because of the window? Under mount
gas or induction? Gas
what kind of fridge French door double fridge
what kind of oven, 60cm tall yes
, microwave behind lift door? Microwave in wall cabinet above oven
shall the dishwasher be built in higher in a tall cabinet? Dishwasher should be next to sink. It’s a double drawer integrated
how many stools for the island 3
benchtop height shall be how much? 950mm
with handles or without -slim handles

is that a freezer at the right top corner? Fridge is on bottom left, next to pantry.

I think the flow is awkward but not sure what to do. Would prefer the cooktop and range close as possible to wall with window because that’s the lowest point of the catedral ceiling. There are 3 skylights above the island.

Thank you.
if I understand correct, the rangehood will be built in in a cabinet above the window similar to here?

i still don't understand. Is in the top right corner a separate freestanding freezer? And a window above?

Do you have a front view from this side as I can't imagine how it looks incl cathedral ceiling? If the house/walls are standing already, a picture would help.
at what wall height does the cathedral ceiling start?
Hi Evelin,

Yes I’d like the rangehood built in to the cabinet. I’ve got a large chest freezer I’ve put in the corner below the louvred window. The long window is 3.6m x 0.7m. I’ve attached the pics of the room. Windows are not installed as yet.

Again, what is the height of the wall with the large window? either up to the timber beam or above the beam. Sorry to ask all th questions but otherwise one cannot do a proper plan.

How long is the wall on the left up to the entrance door?

What is th size of the freezer box?

just a bit information about me. I participate in a very large kitchen forum in Germany, where we plan hundreds of kitchen (no sale) per year. In my home country, Germany, houses do not come with a kitchen, so you have to buy from a kitchen studio or large furniture store which we do not have them in Australia. Germany has the largest number of kitchen manufacturers worldwide, you find their kitchens in million dollar homes in NY or the smallest unit in South Africa. However, in Sydney is the best kitchen maker in Australia, pricy, but they have a nice website and make absolutely stunning kitchens. https://www.dankitchens.com.au/. I always use their website for inspirations.

Back to your kitchen. If your bench height will be 950mm, your carcass could be around the 800-850mm mark. Assuming your benchtop is 200mm stone, the feet/kickboard around 100-120mm.

Now to maximise your storage options, you could go for a drawer "raster" (don't know the English word) of 6. Meaning you divide the carcass height by 6. Eg, with a carcass of 810 a drawer would be 135mm or multiples of it.

ignore the measurements but this example is for a 780mm carcass with a raster of 1-1-2-2.

here the raster is 1-2-3. Usually the tall drawers are not needed a lot as most items fit in a drawer of 2er height. From the measurements in the examples you can see that the height inside the drawers (B2-E2) varies a bit depending on the position in the carcass.

Handles
I believe you are after something like on the picture above with the white kitchen?

here a sample layout (without knowing the correct wall height and door position).
The island is 300cm wide (without cover panels) and 100cm deep. The green square is the dishwasher door. On the other side of the sink is a 40cm cabinet with 2 drawers, the top is the bin.

The position of the sink is in relationship to the cooker and vice versus. Normally you would work next to the sink, and one turn you are in front of the cooker.

The fridge position is quite good, on the island you can put the things that go in our out of the fridge.

The distance to the cooker side is 120cm,

The plan still needs to be finetuned, but I have to go out now. Let me know what you think generally and/or what you want changed. Ignore the colours.

Hi Evelin,
Thanks for helping me with the plan.

the height of the wall with the large window up to the timber beam -2400mm

How long is the wall on the left up to the entrance door? 4630mm

What is th size of the freezer box? 720L x 690d x 89 h

Do you think I should have the sink at the window instead? Someone said that there won’t be space in the island for the sink, dishwasher and bin cabinet. Something like this?

[img]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/49069_1512913579.png[/
Also, the window above the chest freezer is 1200h x 700w. So there can’t be an overhead cabinet there. I prefer the pantry between the fridge and wall oven/microwave.

Thank you.
Related
17/03/2024
Large open plan living room layout options

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hello! We have a very large open plan living room and wanted to get layout options, and furnishing ideas for this space. Currently there is only a…

24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum