Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

looking for a joinery that will cut to size and install

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am looking for a joinery that will come out and template, cut to size and install a laundry and kitchen bench
but using our own timber as we have 2 solid iron bark slabs that i would like to use.
I want to do a 45% mitre join so it ends up as a L shape bench, i dont trust myself getting it 100% right.

Has anyone has this done before or would recommend someone in Brisbane for this type of job.

Thanks Ben
You want a carpenter or furniture maker, not a joiner.
arcadelt

Really, why is that?

I am a cabinet maker and joiner. The course I did at tafe 20years ago was Cabinet Making and Joinery. I have a big factory and huge table saw(which is what you need to cut that join) like all other cabinet makers and joiners.

A carpenter builds houses, usually has all his tools on the back of a ute and isn't setup to do this sort of work.
CuttingEdgeKitchens
arcadelt

Really, why is that?

I am a cabinet maker and joiner. The course I did at tafe 20years ago was Cabinet Making and Joinery. I have a big factory and huge table saw(which is what you need to cut that join) like all other cabinet makers and joiners.

A carpenter builds houses, usually has all his tools on the back of a ute and isn't setup to do this sort of work.

Well, there you go. I thought joiners were all about joining together flat materials like laminates, and possibly milled timbers, not slabs of hardwood - you live and learn. Apologies to the OP if I gave him a bum steer and to joiners everywhere for any inadvertent insult.
arcadelt
Well, there you go. I thought joiners were all about joining together flat materials like laminates, and possibly milled timbers, not slabs of hardwood - you live and learn. Apologies to the OP if I gave him a bum steer and to joiners everywhere for any inadvertent insult.

All good. Yes joiners do a lot more than that.

Its also a common misconception that carpenters can do this type of work or build kitchens. Sure they could have a go at it but they normally build houses with bigger tolerance levels. They also don't have the correct tools for the job.
Related
27/04/2024
750mm wide joinery - drawers?

General Discussion

Pulse is correct. It's the trap that takes up space. The plan shows a vessel style basin so you don't have to worry about a basin inset, it's just the trap that the…

14/03/2024
Cut and filled land

Building A New House

Thanks Craig! This make absolutely sense to me!!

26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum