Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Electric v Gas cooktop?

Page 1 of 1
What are people's opinions on gas v electric cooktop????
Induction!
Yup, induction! Once you've tried it you're never going back to either gas or (non-induction) electric...
Induction
Induction
Induction, love it.

I would stay away from gas just based on the price of gas.
Induction.
Quick, controlled, easy to clean and the flat surface can be used as a bench when not in use.
Induction

but you have to check the wattage of the zones and take one with dual or better multislider.

Until recently I had Miele. With various wattages per zone, it was easy to control. The bad thing about the cooktop was that it had + and - sensors to go up and down with the temperature. That is anoyingbecause you have to tap, tap an tap. The other thing tht drove me razy was, that the sensor didn't respond when my fingers were wet or oily.

Because I expected overseas visitors, I needed a new cooktop pronto. I bought the cheapest I could find, that was a Delonghi. Well, it has a slider, that'good, the rest is bad. Because it is an older display model, it has older generation of induction coils. It does work as well as my Miele, 2 of the large zones have identical wattage, the change in temperature is not as good as with th Mile. If I cooked pasta, I started with 9, went back to 8. Now, I start with 9, go back to 8, mostly to high, go back to 7, often too little.

What I try to say, it is a bit you get what you pay for. Good are Neff induction cooktop with twistpad. However, the new twistpad fire doesn't work as good as the old one, it is one more step when changing temperature.
Related
25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

27/04/2024
Best electric hot water system in 2024?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The tank is around 200 litres (I am on holiday for the next 6 weeks so can't check) The Heat Pump has a built in time switch. No idea on the speed to heat because with…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum