Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Install marble bench top after handover possible on tiles?

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone done this before?

I'm installing the standard 20mm stone for my island, but will be switching after handover to proper carrara marble (it's way too expensive and the builder doesn't have the specific one I want) with a waterfall edge.

I have tiles in my kitchen area and I was wondering if it will be simple enough to get a cabinet-maker to lift up the current stone, and replace it with the marble? Or should I be telling my cabinet guys to not glue/screw the top, etc? I'm hoping to use the cheap stone outdoors in the outdoor kitchen

Alternatively, should I just get the builder to completely do away with the island and install it myself later? I know with floorboards u have skirting issues etc but am not sure what happens if the area is tiled? Also, will there be issues with getting electrical power points in my island if i installed them later?

Thanks for any advice and help!!
I'd just see if they can leave the benchtop off completely. If they wont, have a very basic 32mm laminate top installed and then remove that after handover and replaced with your marble benchtop.
If you have stone installed it's glued down so is harder to remove. Laminate benchtops are screwed on, so are far easier to remove after.
Thanks Chippy, I'll do that
Removal of the handover and replacing it with your marble bench-top is very much possible provided its done the right way and by the experts. Get in touch with an expert as he/she would be able to guide you in the right way as far as such issues are concerned.
hi! were you able to install the marble bench top successfully after?

Thanks!
Related
1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

31/01/2024
Bench top chipped

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

These can be easily filled and repaired and it doesn't cost them much to do. Id get the builder to do this first and if the repair is not suitable then a replacement is…

14/09/2023
Bench top overhang on the side

Laundry

Thanks Ardo, they are sort of semi concealed. I think it is only a few millimetres. I see if they can adjust the hinges.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum