Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

stonemason Melbourne area

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have purchased a kitchen and stone bench-tops.

I have found someone to install the kitchen, but I am yet to find a stonemason.

It is a very basic kitchen with only 2 straight sides, one side just over 1500mm with 1 cut for the cooktop. The other side is 2200mm with 1 cut for an above bench kitchen sink.

I have had a couple of quotes, and they are nearly as expensive as the stone.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced and good stonemasons in the Melbourne area?

I remember when the stonemasons came and installed my kitchen bench on the other kitchen I did, they were only there for about 2 to 3 hours and they were bigger benches and had a corner.
Your battling trying to find someone because no one wants to install someone else stone. The profit margin is low unfortunately and most stone masons would prefer to supply and install.

Its the same with replacing doors and bench tops on a kitchen. It can be very hard to find anyone to do it with any sort of quality. Again the profit margin can be a lot lower than installing a new kitchen.

You will find plenty of good stone masons but only a very small percentage that will take this job on at the price you want to pay. I would suggest getting on the phone and ringing around.
Thanks for your reply. I think I will have to go with the stonemason that the place where I purchased the kitchen said to use.

I just thought that paying $950 for the stone, was the expensive part, but I have now found out that it's $750 to install it.
Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum