Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Wobbly tap in s/steel sink

Page 1 of 1
Hi...we have a large tap in our stainless steel sink and it's quite wobbly due to the weight of the tap, I presume (have same tap mounted in stone and it's fine). It's a quality sink.... Is there a brace available? How can this be rectified? It's a stone worktop so even if a brace is used (if there's one available) I'm not sure where or how it can be fixed. Any ideas?
It sounds like the clips holding the tap have come loose. I had a similar problem in my rental recently. The plumber fixed it in about 5 minutes. He said it is common if the swivel on the tap is stiff. Looked to me like something that you could probably fix yourself provided the clips have not been lost, and you can get in under your sink.
We ended up getting a Franke metal brace (not the plastic one) and it has moreorless solved the problem - slight movement in the tap, but not a wobble.
Related
21/12/2023
Brass or Stainless steel made tap for Kitchen

Bathrooms and Laundry

Brass or 2) Stainless steel made - which Kitchen tap is good for drinking.Brass kitchen taps in Australia contain lead…

16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum