Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Two rangehoods in kitchen (for thermomix)

Page 1 of 1
We regularly use the thermomix and note that when cooking with spices the smells seem to linger in the house. We are currently planning a new kitchen and wish to incorporate a separate ventilation system by using an additional rangehood for the thermomix. Perhaps a 900mm rangehood for the cook top and a 600 mm for thermomix in another section of the kitchen (or side by side).

The other option we are considering is getting a 1200mm long undermount range hood and only having a 750mm cooktop underneath, using the remaining space to place the thermomix.

The concern with the option involving two rangehoods is the consumption of cupboard space. On the flipside we are not sure if having a 750mm cooktop under a 1200mm rangehood will look odd? Or by virtue of the undermount, will it not be very noticeable?

Any input welcome.

Thanks
For those that are interested, I found an example of the above here http://www.adelaidekitchensdirect.com.a ... ecent-Work
If you get a hidden range hood or integrated i think they are called no one will even know where your rangehood/s are or how big they are so it shouldnt look odd at all

Hidden rangehoods at a display home

Related
12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

23/04/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

The price you're seeing for a high-spec 2-storey home in Perth sounds steep, but unfortunately, it's kind of the norm these…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum