Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Thoughts on kitchen colours for a hopeless case!

Page 1 of 1
We decided 12 wks ago literally to finish our renos, sell and organise a building contract before our 5th baby arrives at Christmas.

It has been the most stressful 12wks of my life and is still continuing. We finished renos (mainly unfinished painting projects) in 5 wks, had a contract on the house in 3 wks and for the last 4 wks madly trying to organise a house plan for our triangle block. One of my biggest stressors has been colour schemes as it does not come naturally to me at all

We are on a tight budget also.

This is my thoughts for the kitchen.

Base cabinetry - Formica Iron ore
Benchtops - Pure Mineralstone Laminex
Top cabinetry - Formica Habitat

We have very little splashback so are planning just 100x300 white tiles stacked.

We are doing the flooring in Karndean Mountain spotted gum for the flooring.

Any thoughts? I'll try and get a pic of the colours together.
Hi Helenn82!

I really love those colours.

I suppose my only concern is that they are quite dark neutrals.
Your floor is a bit lighter, would love to see some samples all together.
I absolutely LOVE the benchtop! That may bring a fair bit of light into the kitchen.
Do you have windows close by?
Yep, that does sound good - a pic would help though
I think the combination of colours does sound complementing looking at their hues. However, the overall outlook might be too dark. Even though your backsplash will be entirely white followed by a light-coloured tabletop, you would need more natural lighting to create a spacious ambience. If you have limited space, your kitchen might even feel a little too cluttered or stuffy.
Related
3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum