Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Dishdrawers

Page 1 of 1
Doing a new build and have Fisher and Paykel dish drawers included as part of the package. I personally prefer the normal dishwashers as I have been getting mixed feedback about the dishdrawers and I prefer the bigger space in dishwashers for larger pots and pans. However, I will be 'shortchanged' if I choose get the dishwasher of my choosing as it's RRP is half of the dishwasher and I wont get much of a credit back. Should I stick to the dishdrawers?
Id stick with them. When it breaks-replace with what you want.

Just sell the dish drawer and replace it with the one you want. 99% of dishwashers including the dishdrawer fit into a 600mm opening.
I upgraded to a dishdrawer. I haven't had or used one yet. But I thought the practicality of being able to do a breakfast load and a dinner load a great idea. Imo.
like other said just change it down the track. You never know, you might like it.

Craigasaurus
I upgraded to a dishdrawer. I haven't had or used one yet. But I thought the practicality of being able to do a breakfast load and a dinner load a great idea. Imo.
like other said just change it down the track. You never know, you might like it.

There are a few things I don't like about them,

Full plastic interior normal dishwashers are stainless steel.

The have two motors, one for each drawer so the total space is less than a normal dishwasher

When they are intergraded you cant run a kick face fully across, you have to leave gaps under a small kick face as this is where the motor is and it moves in and out with the drawer.

Almost all standard dishwashers now have a 1/2 wash setting. It would be interesting to compare water usage for a 1/2 wash normal to just one dish drawer.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I think keeping this for now will be a wise choice.
Keep the dishdrawer. My wife and I have had these for years and prefer to the 'normal' dishwashers partly because of the practicality of being able to do smaller loads with one drawer. Also you can split a larger wash into a heavy wash for dirtier items in one drawer and an eco wash for not so dirty or glassware in another drawer. Also, a double dishdrawer will fit in more than one normal dishwasher. It's amazing how big pots, etc will fit in these things because there is no top basket and spray arm in the way.

But as previous people have said; if you don't want it, you can always sell it after handover!
We have just bought one too, we have not built our kitchen yet but I am looking forward to putting it into use. Have you gone for the white or stainless steel? We have selected the white one but now sure if we need to match the cabinets to it? Finding it hard to find the right white to match it.
We bought the stainless steel. It has same finish and handles as the F&P fridge. We have white cabinets but appliances are all SS; eg oven, hotplates, MW, etc. Our DD is 5 years old now.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum