Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

How to restrict cabinet hinge to open less than 90 degrees??

Page 1 of 1
Just purchased a overhead wall cabinet from Aldi to put in laundry.
I want it to be in the corner of the wall so it aligns up with the base and sink beneath.
It has just dawned upon me that the door handle hit the wall when it is opened.

After ideas on how we can restrict the hinge from opening too far to stop it hitting the wall.
Our kitchen cabinets have a dummy section on the side so that the door is about 25mm from the wall.
But we are neither cabinetmakers or awfully hand and are after a simple solution.
I have googled and found hinge restrictors for a couple of US hinges.

Thanks for your opinions
Can you remove the handle and fit a smaller one?
Or take the handle off and fit a push latch, you just press the door and it opens, hafele do one.

Could you turn the cabinet upside down so the door swings away from the wall..

There's a few things possible, hard to list em all.

Hi Oneness,
it depends on the brand of the hinge. For example Blum sells a hinge restrictor that does exactly what you are asking for, stops the hinge from opening at 90 degrees. Check the brand of the hinge and Google to see if that brand makes hinge restrictors.

Here's a link to some being sold on ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/1816496 ... 107&chn=ps

Hope this helps
Related
22/04/2024
Door not closing properly but I have a fixed hinge

Windows & Doors

My door tends to rub against the frame during winter and I'm looking to fix it so it closes smoothly. Looking online on Youtube I'm seeing methods to fix the alignment and…

21/10/2023
Hallway arch - hoping to make less ugly

Interior Decorating Lounge

at most it will have a short lintel which could be moved up just below the ceiling or even above. Above means you need to patch the cornice and might need to deal with…

22/08/2023
public open space contribution

General Discussion

Cupcake.girl This really depends on your local council. Each one has different definitions and ways to calculate contributions. This is called a contribution…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum