Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Drainer Grooves or not?

Page 1 of 1
I have coming a Caesarstone benchtop with Franke undermount sink. Unsure about getting the drainer grooves, opinions wanted please. At the moment I haven't booked the grooves so I need to tell them pretty quickly if I change my mind.

Thanks,
Sharon
We personally aren't going to but my brother has them and you don't really notice them. I guess it depends on your ceaserstone colour and where your sink is in the kitchen. We're not because our sink will be in the middle of the island and I want as much useable island as possible

We're not getting them. This is my own issue, but I keep thinking about the bacteria that could breed in them if they're not cleaned properly. Lol

Thanks everyone, I will stick with no, probably not worth the hassle of them taking up room and cleaning them,
cheers for all the replies,
Sharon
I've got them on both sides. Nothing special needed to clean them. We have a dish drainer on one side and usually stack dishes (dirty) on the other. They seem to do their job.

No need really
My sister has them and went to great lengths to get them a few years back with the Franke sink.

She swears by them, very easy to clean and she raves about them every time I talk about the design of my new kitchen.

I personally wouldn't bother but I guess it depends on what you're after and what you'll use instead because not everything goes in the dishwasher

Welcome to our version of the Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

A definite no from me... I didn't have them in my last kitchen and never missed them. I also think they're a bit outdated.
I have an undermount sink with Cesarstone. I didn't think/know about the grooves at the time. If I did I probably would have got them.

I just have a metal drainer that sits over one side of the sink I also have a chopping board and collender as well they are great work well and easy to clean don't look out of place and go easily away under sink when not in use

http://s158.photobucket.com/user/1864mi ... 4.jpg.html
Hey that's pretty neat!

Related
7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

23/05/2023
Rainwater Tank not filling

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

But if it is a ground level open pit, then it is not a charged system. No surprises there. The pipes have obviously been altered and there would be a reason for this.…

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum