Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

For everyone who thinks their kitchen may not turn out!

Page 2 of 2
Yeah, well.... Nah!
One of those, 'what was I on?' moments...

On a personal note...
There's something about yellow creams with white in a kitchen that makes me ill. I've rejected rental houses for that alone, in the past. I just never want to make food in a place that makes me feel icky in the tummy. Doesn't seem to matter if it's walls or cupboards or floors that are white - if it's paired with yellow creams on the other surfaces - it makes me ill. Anyone else not able to take certain colour combos?
There are plenty I don't like, but this really makes me feel icky.
It looks fine to my eyes, but for some reason my stomach rejects it.
I'm terrified the colours we picked for our kitchen will throw yellow!!

What do you think?

I don't think they'll throw a lot of yellow unless you have a full on yellow in the floor. The photos you have there seem fine because the floors are greyish - so those creams and blond woods are coming through a more stony cream/biscuit.

You have to put your colour samples up against your floors to see what they'll pick up. If you put 'bluer' lighting in, that will combat yellew tones at night. Daylight is a different animal, depends on your window aspects as well.
Oh, Man's inhumanity to Man! (knuckle gnashed between teeth!)

I really like your kitchen! I don't see any yellow either. I was also worried about yellow. Our current house is a 1970s throw back, its brown wood cabinets, pale pink laminate benchtops, white and brown mosaic splashback, orange patterned wallpaper and brown, orange and green lino floors. Makes you want to throw up not cook dinner!!

This is my soon to be new kitchen, hope it doesn't throw yellow. I'm extremely anti yellow, orange and red. I'm also not a big fan of brown, but the floor tiles came up a lot more brown then grey

I'm not a brown girl, either, Aloenyx... I had to have a touch of it in my greys, though, as I didn't want the house to be an icy blue or lavender either! You'll probably be glad the floor's a little browner, in the finish, once everything is in.
Related
23/04/2024
NCC Changes Coming 1 May 2024

Building A New House

I engaged my builder in December last year and we’ve been working on preliminary drawings for last couple of months. I got a call from the salesperson this morning…

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

19/11/2023
HIA Contract Clause 16.2 Delays to Carrying Out the Works Af

Building A New House

Unless there is something in special conditions the builder does not have to give you timeline. If your demolition contractor has not removed Asbestos and it was found…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum