Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Final kitchen dilemma please help

Page 1 of 1
Hi
we are building with Rawson but have changed a few things in the kitchen from the standard design. I am pretty happy with where we have finally got to but have one final question

We are having a 1and1/2 wall oven - and below it I was really wanting the drawers to line up with the rest of the drawers on that wall but the kitchen people have put in larger drawers

Now I'm in 2 minds - the OCD
part of me would like the drawers to line up - with the space below the oven to the top of the next drawer just having a panel - but the practical part of me thinks 2 larger (ie. higher) drawers could be useful
Please see the 2 pictures below - what do you think??
thanks in advance

I'd go 2 larger. I like things to line up as well but once you've been in for a few days I really don't think you'll notice it. Practicality would win for me in this case.
I would go the line up - perhaps that small draw would be ok for oven trays
Definitely line it up, it would bug me too
I am OCD and not too worried by that due to the location. I think that's the Balmoral kitchen... And when I have been in that house I know it's not at all an area I would pay any attention to. Just my opinion

Depending on dimensions if it would work, one option is shallower drawers main section (storage for items like cooking utensils, herbs, foil/glad wrap) and 2 deeper ones mathing those below the ovens
Lined up for sure.
I'd leave the two bigger draws great pot and pans draws.
thanks for all the replies - I got it lined up
I like the practicality of the 2 larger drawers however lining up with be better aesthetically I think. If you go with the lining up option, instead of just having a panel, why not have a shallow draw for kitchen utensils etc?
Yes I have gone with lining it up and a shallow drawer.

Now that I've finally decided I'm really happy withmy decision!

thanks!
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum