Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Best Price Flat Pack Cabinets?

Page 1 of 1
We have kitchen overheads, a scullery fit out and a laundry fit out to complete, and oh wow the cost of flat pack cupboards is pretty exxy!! Just 1 corner of my scullery is $1800 not even including the stone bench!

So we have bunnings, masters and ikea....is there anywhere I have yet to look that is good?
archetto
We have kitchen overheads, a scullery fit out and a laundry fit out to complete, and oh wow the cost of flat pack cupboards is pretty exxy!! Just 1 corner of my scullery is $1800 not even including the stone bench!

So we have bunnings, masters and ikea....is there anywhere I have yet to look that is good?

This is an option you might like to look into but would depend on a few factors. We are looking at getting all the componants for our kitchen cut out by a crowd called Aussie Cut, although based in Brisbane (with a sub-branch on the Sunshine Coast), there are other firms that do the exact same thing. You supply them with a list of what you need and they will cut and edgetape them for you. Of course you would need to assemble yourself and they just do the cabinets not benchtops but as I say this is just our local company, others may do it differently. Luckily my husband is a joiner but he assures me I would probably be able to do it in a day by myself. For us, it would be 1 laundry cabinet, 2 bathroom vanities, a scullery and a kitchen and going on their price list all cabintry supplied works out at approx $2000.
If I were you, I would go to IKEA for my flat pack cupboards. They are affordable and beautiful.
archetto

I've used cabinets on demand twice now. They are a group of cabinet makers around Aus that will provide flat packed, custom sized cabinets. My experiance is the price is below Bunnings/Masters etc and the advantage of being what ever size you want to the mm.

Only down side is you really need to know what you are ordering as you do need to be mm perfect.

Like everything what really adds costs is your door/panel finishes. They have standard laminate that are cheap, but the moment you want a specific laminate, two pac etc it starts to add up.
Thanks everyone. I'm based in WA if that helps. I don't require the bench tops as already have these from stone off cuts. Just the cabinets.
Try proform
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

26/12/2023
Granny Flat + Studio

Building A New House

I would suggest you simply go and talk to council about your proposal, most councils are getting onboard with ancillary dwellings. There is no benefit in keeping it…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum