Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Vote For My Rangehood!!!

Page 1 of 1
I need help!!!
We have a glass rangehood included with our home that to me, looks quite nice. But after consulting the women in my life (and my home lol) we are now undecided if this is the "Better" rangehood.
The alternatives are a pull out version with a cupboard over top. I dont like this so really.. it's not a option.
The other is a full stainless canopy version. This one seems to have better coverage for the large gas cooktop we will have.
The stainless has 3 large filters verse the smaller one offered with the glass hood.
I have also been told that even though the glass rangehood doesnt "cover" the cookers as good, it will have a larger motor so should function just as good?

Option 1 - Glass Rangehood

Option 2 - Stainless Rangehood

I don't really like any rangehoods. They're kinda ugly. But you need one so i'd go with the most functional. That glass is going to need constant cleaning. However cleaning stainless steel isn't an easy task either sometimes.
I'd go with the stainless one. That's similar to what we have now, and it generally works quite well. I give it a wipe down on the outside every month or so, and generally it looks fine. There is often a thin buildup of oil and dust though when you look closely, and this would show up much more on glass - on both sides.

I'd have it butt up to the cupboards on the sides though, and to the splashback at the back, so the steam is trapped into easy-to-clean surfaces.

The larger filter area has to be better - Anything to help in the noise vs airflow tradeoff is a good thing.
get the one with the highest suction and air flow capacity. Why not consider a concealed unit to give the nice clean look.
Yeah did consider one that was built into the cupboard Mark but too expensive and the cupboard above is usually pretty useless.
The cupboard is simply to hide the extraction unit. Agreed it will end up being more expensive. I was at Harvey Norman Scratch and Dent store in perth last week and they had a Dei Dietrich Rangehood that was 5k down to 499. They were just quitting them out. Maybe hunt for a deal on undermount.

Good luck, btw I would go Stainless steel as i think it will date less and be easier to clean.
I have a glass one and find it very easy to clean compared to other stainless steel appliances I have in the kitchen. Would get one again without hesitation
I would chose option 1 more elegant and cleaner looking

Which ever one you go I would make sure splash back tile or glass goes all the way up to ceiling behind the flue and to make sure the cupboards next to the rangehood almost butt up against it so it fills the space looks much better and easier to clean

Or when you bulk head the cupboards over head bring that bulk head across and habe the flue coming down from that instead of ceiling this will conceal the flue a little and the bulkhead continues at same height as top of overheads.

If you aren't doing bulk heads above over heads I would seriously consider doing it not only does it make less to clean with the dust trap above the over heads but it makes kitcheb look more built in and higher end then not having a bulkhead.
This is what I mean with the bulk head

Thanks mate. I think it DOES have a bulkhead above the cupboards but will check if we can extend it. Looks good like that.
Roomeat
Thanks mate. I think it DOES have a bulkhead above the cupboards but will check if we can extend it. Looks good like that.

No worries it was one thing we wish we had done but hadn't seen it before until after we had our bulk heads completed.
I think if I am seeing correct.. They have added a laminated panel to the underside of that bulkhead also?
Roomeat
I think if I am seeing correct.. They have added a laminated panel to the underside of that bulkhead also?

Not sure I found it here

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62155&start=70
Awesome!! Thank You

Yes, that is exactly what they have done.. looks good lol.
Will be on to that tomorrow
Didnt read the whole thread but this may interest you if your in Melbourne, we went with a different unit, this is brand new hadn't even been out of the box.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum