Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Couple of questions about kitchen fittings

Page 1 of 1
We are building through a project builder so have picked our kitchen layout, door styles and benchtop etc. We have left some things to do ourselves once we move in though (as cheaper).

1. Our kitchen doesnt include soft close drawers. Is it easy enough to do this ourselves after we move in?

2. Does anyone have any recommendations for fitting out a pantry? We will have a pretty reasonable sized walk in pantry, that will have to fit a fridge and then separate freezer (if possible, otherwise it will go in the garage).
The pantry doesnt come with any fitout and I suppose until we're in the house we wont know how we want it. But would love some suggestions on what works for you, and whether you had a professional fit it out or DIY? (i.e flat packs, built shelving yourself, followed a particular web site etc).

3. Bin recommendations - is anyone able to recommend a bin that fits in the cupboard or pantry (including recycling bin)??
TIA
No, its not easy to fit proper soft close after you move in. You can fit crappy add on soft close but its garbage!! If you want to retrofit proper soft close you have to replace all the drawers!!!

We need the shape and size of you pantry to be able to answer the question?? Is it a corner pantry, blind corner pantry or standard 2 door pantry?? Sliding doors or opening doors??

Same goes for the bin, there are 100s out there but we need to know the internal size of the cabinet you intend to put the bin in!
Related
22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

23/05/2023
Demolition Questions

Building A New House

We had this happen to us last year and got charged a variation. Try and give away as much as you can that is usable to charity otherwise if you are in Sydney I have a…

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum