Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Island bench overhang and Caesarstone

Page 1 of 1
Hi. Those with a waterfall island bench and overhang. Does the stone return underneath the overhang? I know on the waterfall ends it does but does it underneath? Pics would be great as the stonemason has told me only the ends do.
Bubble
Hi. Those with a waterfall island bench and overhang. Does the stone return underneath the overhang? I know on the waterfall ends it does but does it underneath? Pics would be great as the stonemason has told me only the ends do.

Cheap nasty stone companies do not return the stone but it really should return all the way!!

We always return the stone the full depth of the overhang!
Will get them to do full return of stone on the 3m island bench. Thanks
Does anyone know if a chip in a corner of a esstastone waterfall can be fixed .my daughter chipped it with a steel leg of a bar stool I have other chips fixed but never this big . Thanks
Melsie68
Does anyone know if a chip in a corner of a esstastone waterfall can be fixed .my daughter chipped it with a steel leg of a bar stool I have other chips fixed but never this big . Thanks

How big??

Anything can be fixed but the bigger it is the more it stands out.
One more question. I have a bulkhead above kitchen which is 2pac to match kitchen. It is 5.8m and about .5min heheight. I thought this would be one piece with no joints as per drawing however I have 2 joins. They have told me not possible to do one piece

Having trouble adding photo
Bubble
One more question. I have a bulkhead above kitchen which is 2pac to match kitchen. It is 5.8m and about .5min heheight. I thought this would be one piece with no joints as per drawing however I have 2 joins. They have told me not possible to do one piece

Having trouble adding photo

Yes they are correct it cant be done without a join.

Standard sheet length is 2.4m so at that length 2 joins are required.

You can get 3.6m sheets so only one join would be necessary but most people don't stock this length.

Is your room square set or does it have a cornice??
Room is square set. Thank you very much for your reply.
Can someone explain the part about the stone returning in a way a rookie like me will understand? Might be a way to distinguish some of our kitchen quotes, thanks.
Related
14/09/2023
Bench top overhang on the side

Laundry

Thanks Ardo, they are sort of semi concealed. I think it is only a few millimetres. I see if they can adjust the hinges.

30/08/2023
Frame Overhang Solutions

Building A New House

In the end, two pieces of treated timber (20mm thick) were bolted onto the joists and planed when there was too much sticking out. Passed inspection.

7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum