Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

kitchen color selection suggestions (calacutta island)

Page 1 of 1
already done my color selection. Kitchen color is suggested by one of their interior adviser.

But most of family friends doesn't quite agree with the color.
Any color experts could share some thoughts? Most of the google pictures with Calacutta island go with White panels/door/draws/cabinets. I know it really does look nice, but want to be different than the other 90% of the people out there.

Any ideas what other matching colours for panels and island back panel would look good and make my expensive island stone stand out?

Island Bench: Quantum Quartz CALACUTTA
Cooktop Bench: Smartstone Vanilla
Panels/Doors: Formica ASH WOODLINE GLOSS (1st photo)
Island Back Panel: Laminex - (Textured finish) Natural Zebrano Nuance Horizontal (3rd photo)
Kickboard: Aluminum
Floor: Inovar Bamboo - EARTH

also considering swapping out Calacutta to the very basic Smartstone Vanilla due to cost.......I have waterfall on one of the island's side.
f you want matching and tone on tone, you could go charcoal grey, or mist grey formica or laminex sarsen grey... silk finish would be stunning. The charcoal would be quite dramatic if you have a lot of light in the kitchen. I just saw a thread on here recently using charcoal cabinets and it looked fantastic.

I do really like your current selections however
Treeseachanger
f you want matching and tone on tone, you could go charcoal grey, or mist grey formica or laminex sarsen grey... silk finish would be stunning. The charcoal would be quite dramatic if you have a lot of light in the kitchen. I just saw a thread on here recently using charcoal cabinets and it looked fantastic.

I do really like your current selections however

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have changed my colors to
Cabinets + Draws === Formica Rock Salt GLOSS FINISH
Island Back Panel === Laminex Tawny Linewood Nuance HORIZONTAL

also I realized that there are so many different kind of calacutta out there!
Quantum Quartz are more of Greenish veins with yellow lines and is CLEANER.
other brands Calacutta are more of JUST grey colours but more busy/messy with little string-worm like lines spread out.

Both I like....so yet to decide which one....prob will come down with my decision depending on the price and long term use practicalness.
I have rock salt velour as my laundry top, it's a color which blends well with a lot of others, doesn't cast yellow at all. I also like the textured look in it.
That image doesn't look at all like Tawny Linewood does in person. It is much lighter and the stripe is very pronounced. I think the colour in person works even better with Rock Salt than in the image posted.

Both are quite warm so you'll want warm tones in your stone too. Not necessarily so warm that they look yellow but a warm base certainly.
Actually you're right, it looks a bit more like fudge stream than tawny limewood....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/neilborsi1/20141009_225859_zpsaus2mun5.jpg I have used tawny in my bathroom and laundry .
Looks way different than sample but most woodgrains do .
Oh me again lol . Redink have a display home in the south west I cant remember what it was called but you can check online it is in their display section
heres the house its the morsby a redink home from the mid west .
Your photos all looks beautiful. I hope it blends in with my Calacutta island and desert sand bamboo floor....
The kitchen photo is from the redink display . I think you should be fine . I love the tawny in the kitchen doesnt look so brown with all the sun light
Related
12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum