Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Bencthop weight estimation

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

Im having my new kitchen delivered tomorrow which has come all the way from China.

Im a little worried about the weight of the benchtop after the Courier advised me that 3 heavy set guys couldnt lift my 2.7m 900mm stone bencthop (40mm overhang)

It gets delivered tomorrow and there will only be the Courier driver and myself to move it, any ideas on how to get this sucker off? I am thinking some small dollys to roll it should be fine but it may be awkward to keep the benchtop upright on the skates.

(The truck has a hydraulic lift on the back)
Not sure but be aware the benchtops are crazy brittle.... Having cracked a travertine table top twice I am learning not to move these things
cigness
It gets delivered tomorrow and there will only be the Courier driver and myself to move it, any ideas on how to get this sucker off? I am thinking some small dollys to roll it should be fine but it may be awkward to keep the benchtop upright on the skates.

(The truck has a hydraulic lift on the back)

We would normally have 4 guys to move that top into position.

You could lower it to the ground on the hydraulic life and then put it on two low dollys. With two people its very easy to roll it to where you need it.

What sort of stone? If its any sort of quartz based stone (like caesarstone) then its not brittle at all.
We managed to lift the bench tops off with only 2 people!!

Thanks for the help.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum