Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Spacing for pendant lights over island bench

Page 1 of 1
Hi hope someone can advise, I am having a island bench which will be 2200mm in length by 900mm wide made x 920mm high. How should I space the pendant lights for this size bench. And what is the usual height above the bench would the pendants lights hang thanks for any help you can give me
Hi Reno_girl. How many pendant lights are you having? If its the usual 3 lights then I'd put one in the middle (1100mm) then one at 600mm to 700mm either side of that.

Heights - standard height is for the light to finish at 900mm above the benchtop.
Hi HomeAngels
Thanks for replying to my posts so you would have them all pretty equally spaced from the left to the right of the island bench. I am still in two minds whether to have the 3 pendants or to have 2 downlights. I would love to hear what others had gone for and why. Also HomeAngels I just looked at your blog and love the colours you have chosen and also might steal that hallway niche idea if my builder wouldn't mind adding that to my list.
Steal away
Related
2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum