Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Has anyone used a fish tank as a kitchen splashback??

Page 1 of 1
I'm not in the market for one at the moment but thought it would be an interesting, although expensive, concept.

I also thought of a string of lcd panels that could display anything you like including recipes etc as you cook all mounted behind a thick glass wall for protection.

I'm sure someone would have done something similar at some point.

Any other ideas for original/functional splashbacks??
Nice idea but I would think that the problems of plumbing, cleaning and humidity would be a concern to most people.
Would look spectacular but as renomart said, cleaning inside the fish tank and keeping it healthy would be a nightmare. Anyone who has owned a large fish tank knows how much maintenace and upkeep they take. But if you ever do it, post photos!!
The problems mentioned above can be worked around.

If the fish tank splashback was on an external wall it could be deep enough to be cleaned from outside.
CuttingEdgeKitchens

If the fish tank splashback was on an external wall it could be deep enough to be cleaned from outside.

external wall fishtank would in most cases be unsuccessful. One of the main concerns would be larges changes in water temperature, due to direct sunlight.
tengals
CuttingEdgeKitchens

external wall fishtank would in most cases be unsuccessful. One of the main concerns would be larges changes in water temperature, due to direct sunlight.

I am not suggesting the fish tank would be seen from outside!

It would be fully built in and insulated but with a lift up lid allowing axcess to the tank.

Sunlight or heat wouldnt affect this design.
that would be ok then!!!
My aunt has a built in tank between two living areas, so it can be seen in both rooms. From what I have seen in one room you can access the tank by a hinged part of the wood that surrounds the tank.
Related
12/05/2023
Outdoor fish tank

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for letting us know. The programmer will have a look at this later today.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum