Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Laminate = cheap?

Page 3 of 3
JB1
kayandandy

Thanks for the photos and yes, they do look nice.

However, I don't think it has changed my mind that reconstituted stone is still the most practical and classiest bench top material. Laminate will always not look right on the joins and edging.

Just like how I think laminated floorboards are a cheap intimation of solid hardwood floors.

However, there are plenty of people who will not agree with me, but each to their own.

Totally agree, some laminates do look good but they don't have the density and feel you get with a stone bench top.
To me, laminate is cheap. Not necessarily in price, but the feel of it. If I didn't go for solid wood, steel, or stone, I'd consider black linoleum - at least in some places. No reflections and easy to repair. It's a bit heat sensitive, though.

Come to think of it, I'd choose two-parts paint (with a matting agent) way before laminate.
Danois
Come to think of it, I'd choose two-parts paint (with a matting agent) way before laminate.

For doors or bench tops?
CuttingEdgeKitchens

For doors or bench tops?

Doors. I should have been a bit clearer about that.
Danois
CuttingEdgeKitchens

For doors or bench tops?

Doors. I should have been a bit clearer about that.

I totally agree then!
CuttingEdgeKitchens
I totally agree then!

Thanks
Related
3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

25/07/2023
Peeling plastic laminate - advice on removal?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

At a bit of a loss on this one - we're thinking the original owners never removed the protective laminate covers from their kitchen cabinets after installation and in the…

17/10/2023
Hybrid Laminate

General Discussion

We are doing heaps of hybrid at the moment and the cost sits between $60-65/sqm including installation. Stairs are around $90-100 each

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum