Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Help needed with benchtops and cabinet colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I need some help trying to figure out what colours to go with in the kitchen. I originally wanted a country / traditional style kitchen but this proved too expensive so I am going with a modern/country look if that makes sense!

So far we've decided to go with a Squareform Laminex bench top as it's cheaper than stone/wood and it looks good. I am thinking the Pure Calcite Laminex but I am unsure as to whether this will just look too white and the flecks would go unnoticed. Does anyone else have this colour benchtop? Are you happy with it? Also what colour cabinets did you choose? Anyone have suggestions? We're having our cabinets in a polyurethane cabinets in a satin finish. I am just thinking Dulux Lexicon Half or something that's pure white...any other suggestions?

Also not sure whether i should go for a traditional look with the handles and the splashback or keep it modern? I had in mind white brick-size tiles for the splashback and antique brass handles. But thinking perhaps a plain square silver handle would do...

Please send me any of your ideas or pics of your own kitchen - Thank heaps!!
Hi, if you look at the topic "classic" kitchen colours there were a few lovely pics posted. I originally wanted to go for this look- but upset Cook no.2. So as a compromise I've settled on wood grain cupboards with white formica tightform (same as squareform laminex but 1cm thicker) bench top (Cocoa sand) and a country style tile and splashback.

What about Laminex parchment or new antique white (slightly warmer) for cupboards, if you don't want a stark white like the polar white?

As for handles, I think it is a personal choice. In pics one of the kitchens has satin or chrome handles and it looks fine. I had brass handles in my previous kitchen but don't want brass taps again -so much cleaning! This time we had modern selection from our builder- other choices incurred cost. I figure it is cheaper to wait until handover and change them later rather than add to the cost of the build when there's a lot of other stuff we are paying extra for. . . I've just made sure the handles I really want have the same drill holes as the ones I chose so they can be swopped without hassles or damage to the cupboards.
Related
3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum