Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Question about kickboards

Page 1 of 1
Our island bench is just over 5m long & 1.2m wide, on the front side at 1 end I want 3 cupbaords like this picture.

I love how it looks like doesn't have kickboards. Is this the case, is the cabinet sitting on the floor or is there a special trick involved to getting this look??
brbp
Our island bench is just over 5m long & 1.2m wide, on the front side at 1 end I want 3 cupbaords like this picture.

I love how it looks like doesn't have kickboards. Is this the case, is the cabinet sitting on the floor or is there a special trick involved to getting this look??

I would imagine there is a kickboard, but the cupboard doors have simply been extended in length to reach the floor. I don't think it would be too difficult to achieve that look.
Like previous poster I think the doors have been made taller to recover the kickboard area.
I suppose this design would require a perfect flat floor around the cupboard for the doors to swing out.
Jervisbay
Like previous poster I think the doors have been made taller to recover the kickboard area.
I suppose this design would require a perfect flat floor around the cupboard for the doors to swing out.

No only the doors go to the floor!!

You cant sit cabinets directly on the floor they wouldnt last.
This style has internal kickboards and the door runs past them to the floor!
nice kitchen!!!
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum